Industry knowledge and resources
Need to make more informed hiring decisions? Burtch Works conducts original research, and we have released several salary studies for Predictive Analytics Professionals, Marketing Research Professionals, and Data Scientists.
These landmark studies allow you to benchmark current compensation for these in-demand professionals – ensuring that you make the most attractive offer possible to win the best candidates without overspending.
We also conduct “flash surveys” and other research with our network, with topics including:
- Are firms providing data literacy resources and which types are the most commonly offered?
- How many companies employ data translators or storytellers and how does the prevalence of this role vary by company size and industry?
- Do data scientists and analytics professionals prefer to use SAS, R, or Python in 2019? How have their preferences changed over time?
- How many data scientists and analytics professionals attempt to negotiate their starting salary and what is the typical outcome of their negotiation?
- How much do predictive analytics salaries increase when professionals change jobs?
- How many data science and analytics teams are hiring in 2019, and what percentage are only backfilling or cutting back?
- What percentage of marketing research and consumer insights teams are hiring in 2019, and how does this vary from the client to supplier side?
- How many marketing researchers are changing jobs each year, and what is their average tenure?
- How many analytics professionals and data scientists are changing jobs each year? What is their average tenure?
- How many analytics and data science professionals are using machine learning techniques and how does this vary by industry?
- Which trends are marketing researchers excited about, and how can they adapt to industry change?
- What are the top motivating factors for analytics professionals considering a job change?